Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Introducing Dana Platt

Greetings!

This is going to be weird for me. I am use to communicating with people via the internet, but not in relation to an English class. So, being more formal and remembering to use proper punctuation is going to be a challenge. Please bear with me!

I am currently a senior in Ferris Grand Rapids Digital Animation and Game Design program. I have three courses left to take, with this class being one of them. I have been in college now for 8 years at the very least. Had I stuck with my original major, I would have been a doctor working on her residency! I have the habit of switching majors (pre-med, engineering, business, culinary arts, accounting... to name a few!), but have thankfully found the degree I'm truly passionate about.

I am in this class because it is required for my degree. I am thankful just to be in this class, it was uncertain until today if I would be allowed to remain. I've been in college so long and have credits all over the place that I got caught, briefly, by the department auditor! If I seem overly exuberant, you now know why! I hope to continue learning how to effectively communicate, through formal writing, in such a manner that I retain my "voice".

As far as interests go, I love playing games (all forms) and making things that go in games. With that in mind, I hope to pursue a job in the gaming industry once I graduate. If anyone has any contacts, feel free to pass them along!

Oh, by the way... I know we have some new bloggers in here, I'd like to remind everyone that a blog is viewable by anyone on the internet. So, if there's something you wouldn't want everyone to know, don't post it!

1 comment:

  1. glad to see that your passionate about game design, i've never actually run into anyone named Dana here a ferris' little GR campus

    ReplyDelete