Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hello my name is ... Erin! :)

Good morning everyone!

I can't believe the semester is already in full swing, I find it to be an exciting, but overwhelming time! I've been a college student, to some degree, for six years now. It took me quite a while to discover the right career path, but I think I finally found the right one! I'm working on my associates in Respiratory Therapy and my bachelors in Health Care Administration, both through FSU's Grand Rapids campus. I'm tackling what I'm assuming will be one of the more challenging semesters I've endeavored in as I have a total of 17 credits. The bulk of my credits are online (7 classes online, 2 traditional classes). I am terrified about staying organized through it all, and if anyone has ANY suggestions, please feel free to send them my way!

I spend the majority of my time, outside of studying, with my son and my family. I love writing and blogging. My goals for this course are to fine tune my writing. My biggest downfall in writing is that I'm much too wordy; what might take others a mere sentence to write, I can drag out to a full page. So, I want to minimize that and focus on stating my purpose and getting my point across in a more clear and concise way!

I wish everyone the best of luck and hope we are all able to bounce ideas off of each other, as well as gain insight as to ways we can improve as writers.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! 17 credits seems like a lot. Sorry I don't have any good ideas about how to keep all of classes organized; maybe a big calender that you can write down when things are due. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging words! :) I've got a good thing going with my planner thus far, and I'm going to get one of those dry erase calendars... and then just start praying! Lol. I have to say that the calendar view on MyBlackboard is really helping, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying with you. I am the most unorganized person you may ever meet. I am woking on it. =)

    ReplyDelete