What is the feasibility of implementing and transitioning into a family model where positive discipline is the primary strategy for discipline? After five years of being a mom, I’ve read many books and participated in many online communities that have focused on parenting. When my son was born, I focused on the attachment parenting style presented by Dr. Williams Sears. In addition to attachment style parenting, I would say I’m mostly an authoritative parent; the parenting style where my approach with my son is both demanding and responsive.
I feel I’ve run out of time where some of my parenting approaches are concerned and that I need to adjust my approach so that is better suited to my son (and myself, for that matter). I want to pursue this topic in an effort to not only present the information, but to gain new insight and perspective on my choices as a mother. From my point of view, I see many parents who raise their children based on their ideals and as a result of how they were parented. While I think my parents did the best they could, we have quite dissimilar views on what is best for my son and the best way to generate the best behaviors from him. I think parenting, much like an academic education, is an ongoing learning process. In pursuing this topic, I not only have a strong platform for my paper, but a solid foundation for presenting my approach to those around me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment