Monday, February 23, 2009

tentative pproposal for paper

I am choosing to do my paper on the topic of sibling rivalry and arguing. This topic is close to home as I am the mother of three children, two of which are adolescents. The battlefield is wide open in my home. I hope to find some solutions to the brewing war we live with everyday. My children are raised in an enviorment that reflects both my culture and that of my husband. They are also being raised with two different church affiliations. Although sometimes difficult, we believe that they are still being raised in the best possible home. Sibling rivalry is different throughout the world and impacts people in different ways. Children also respond differently to different interventions. I can relate to the topic and I will also learn from the research. It is a field where information is readily available in many different contexts. I will also be conducting various interviews with people from different cultures, religions, and age groups in order to get a full grasp on the variety of opinions/techniques for dealing with sibling rivalry. I am fortunate enough to have many of these resources readily available.

No comments:

Post a Comment