Monday, February 23, 2009

Tentative Report Proposal

My tentative report proposal is careers in federal government information security and/or intelligence compared to corporate information security careers. For my report, I want to relate it to my professional career after I get my bachelor's degree in information security and intelligence. The field has so many parts and pieces that the possibilities seem endless. In brainstorming for topic, I continued to return to possible career pathways and I was presented with so many avenues. Several questions about my future career came to mind. Should I seek employment by a business/corporation? Should I take up a career with the national, state, or local government/law enforcement? Which agency or organization should I work with? And for what job title should I seek employment? All of these questions have swirled in my mind ever since I was accepted to Ferris. In my report I hope to draw a conclusion based on information about companies and agencies as well as some specific jobs that are currently available. If I find that the topic is too broad, I so not believe narrowing the topic should be too difficult. I think federal government information security and/or intelligence careers compared to corporate information security careers is a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment