Jennifer Kloosterman
Advanced Composition
My tentative paper proposal will be on how to reach different types of learning styles for different children. Each child that I will have in my classroom will be different they will each have different personalities and different behaviors. The major thing is that they will each learn in a different way. One child may be able to learn when you, as the teacher teaches everything lecturing, while one child will need visuals in order to learn. As a teacher you will have to find a balance on how to teach to every child. The studies show that most children learn either by visual and hands on. The funny thing is that most teachers teach to only the children who can learn by hearing and that's it. As a future teacher you want to teach to your kids the way that they will remember the information, the way that will be the way simplest way for the children to grasp what you are teaching them. The reality of the situation is that not all children learn the same way and you as the teacher have to find some way to teach so that all of your kids learn and retain the information.
Another reason why I picked this topic was because of my personal experience with this topic. During my last years of high school and during my college experience I have realized that I learn by visual and hands on experience. I had a few college professors who taught this way, but most of them taught just by talking. I did better and I could remember things better in the classes that the teacher taught by visuals or hands on. In the classes that the professors just talked I really struggled and had a hard time getting good grades.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment